We served this as muffins for our summer Farm Day event and they were a big hit! I didn't use the glaze, and added 1/2 tbsp of poppy seed. Since we were serving lots of folks we opted to make muffins instead of the loaf pan this recipe calls for. It makes a dozen muffins and we baked them for 25 minutes.
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup vanilla almondmilk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ cup shredded zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and olive and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and almondmilk and whisk together.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. The top of the cake should look dry.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Use the parchment paper to carefully life the cake from the pan. Let cool completely on rack.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Slice and serve.